The Organizing Committee of RED-U 2017 “University and Sustainble Development” is working to ensure that this conference is environmentally friendly (certification pending for Erronka Garbia).
In order to help meet this goal, we have introduced a variety of initiatives concentrated on six axes (mobility, energy, water, shopping, facilities and wastes) at different stages of the event (design and planning, organization, celebration and monitoring, dismantling and closure).
- Celebration of the event in a place integrated into the public transport network and with energy-saving and energy efficiency measures.
- Promotion of transport on non-motorized transport means and/or ‘Eco’ or ‘zero emission’ vehicles
- Prevention of waste generation.
- Use of recycled and recyclable materials.
- Encouragement of biodiversity and local environmental richness
- Engagement of a catering with environmental and social criteria.
- Integration within the organizing committee of social groups that are at risk of exclusion
- Promotion of gender equality in the selection of the speakers and members of the committee.
Click here to find more information. PDF POWERPOINT
We would appreciate it if you were aware of this information before coming to RED-U, as it would help us to minimize the negative impacts over the environment of to this event.
Thank you in advance.